INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
AYOR'S RECREATION FOR LIFE RUN AND WALK 2017- is on June 4th,2017
sponsored by: PROPAK SYSTEMS Ltd.
· 500m, 1km, 3km, 5km and 10km events timed electronically. Chip tags will be distributed at Race Package Pick-up on Bib numbers.
(Note: Only the fun loop the lake for PF is not timed).
· Results will be posted on the website following the race.
Tot’s Toddle Race
· Free for children age 6 and under.
· Register on race day.
· Treat bags for all participants.
Awards & Raffle Prizes
· 5km – Male & female categories – 12 & under, 13-17, 18-42, 43-54, & 55 & over
· 10km – male & female categories – 15-17, 18-42 and 43-54, &55 and over.
· 1km fun run or walk event male & female – ages 9-12. Electronically timed this year! (500m out and 500m back)
- 500m event for ages 8 and under- electronically timed this year (250m out and 250m back)
· Treats for all registered 1km finishers and 500m finishers.
- NEW in 2016- the Clarke Family run for PF- this is a 3km run event. This is sanctioned event also. However there is also an option to stroll in the loop the lake for PF which is good for families wanting to just walk the lake for PF. Only these two events will offer the opportunity to collect pledges for PF (Pulmonary Fibrosis).
· Food and refreshments provided for all registered participants and volunteers. Spectators will have ability to purchase food/refreshments from vendors inside genesis.
· festival atmosphere runs 9am-1:00pm - balloon lady, bring your family.
· Sanctioned by Athletics Alberta. Part of Run Alberta Series.
· Technical quality dry wicking running shirt for all 3km/5km/10km participants registered. Shirt's handed out at race package pick up. Encourage participants to register before April 16th to assist us in ordering shirts. No shirt guarantee if registered late- best come to pick up package day on thursday to ensure you get a shirt
Race Package Pick Up
Race Package Pick-up: GENESIS PLACE, 800 East Lake Blvd, Airdrie - Thursday June 2nd, 2017 at 5:30-7:30pm, Saturday June 4th, 2017, 11am - 2:00pm, Sunday June 4th, 2017, 8:15-9am(out of town racers only)
-Race Day Agenda
8:15-9am Race package pick up – last chance.
9:00 Pre -race message
9:05 Pre-race warm-up- by ORANJ
9:15 10km start
9:25 5km start
10:45 3km run and also the loop the lake stroll will operate simultaneously- they are different courses and only the 3km event is timed electronically and sanctioned.
11:15 1km and 500m events
11:45 Awards ceremony top finishers and Raffle Prizes ( unclaimed prizes)
9:00 to 12:30: family fun carnival
NO STROLLERS PERMITTED ON 5km course or 10km course due to high numbers on paths.
Strollers are permitted on the 3km stroll around lake for PF